|Date||Friday 4th May, 2018|
|Location||The Landmark Events Center, Lagos|
Welcome to NaijaSecCon National Cybersecurity Capture The Flag (CTF) A competition designed to test your computer hacking skills and problem solving abilities against your fellow University Undergraduates from all across Nigeria within a fun and friendly environment.
NaijaSecCon CTF consists of a series of challenges - where participants demonstrate their technical ability.
The CTF will be a Jeopardy Style CTF where every team will have a list of challenges in different categories like Reverse Engineering, Web Security, Digital Forensics, Network Security and others. For every challenge solved, the team will get a certain amount of points depending on the difficulty of the challenge. The team who will get the highest score at the end of the day will be the winning team.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
NaijaSecCon CTF 2018 competition is for students across all tertiary institutions (polytechnics and universities alike) in Nigeria - to compete in tackling a fictional cyber catastrophe. The contest is designed to accommodate all levels of skill and experience, but more importantly, the contest is a fun challenge which anyone can play and it doesn’t require a whole lot of commitment or advanced skills.
- To participate, you need to register a team of 4-6 students representing a University.
- It is absolutely fine to have multiple teams representing a University. You are allowed to have ONLY 1 professional on your team i.e. In a team of 5, it is okay to have 4 students and 1 working class professional on the team. In a team of 6, it is okay to have 5 students and 1 working class professional on the team.
- The contest is in 2 phases - an ONLINE qualifying phase and the finals (onsite).
- Nigeria has six (6) Geo-political zones - North Central, North East, North West, South West, South South and South West. Upon qualification, 2 Teams will be selected per zone to compete at the finals.
- Registration starts 10th January, 2018
- Registration ends 14th March, 2018
- Online Qualifiers will be between 21st March, 2018- 30th March, 2018 and the top 2 teams per zone will be invited for the Onsite finals on May 4th, 2018 at the Conference Venue.
Internship opportunities at a Big 4 Consulting Firm
PhynxLabs have donated the prize money for this year's CTF (please contact email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities).
- The top 3 teams will win a total cash prize of N200,000 Naira
Prizes provided by:
There are no software requirements but if you have never played a CTF before then installing Kali, Burp, and Metasploit will be enough to get you started. Additionally, https://trailofbits.github.io/ctf provides a CTF field guide which you may find useful.
NaijaSecCon CTF is designed to accommodate all levels of skill and experience, but more importantly, CTF is a fun challenge which anyone can play and it doesn’t require a whole lot of commitment or advanced skills.
Some of the challenges you can expect to come across include:
- Clientside Ownage
- Web Applications
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering and Binary Analysis
- Basic Exploit Development
- Basic Forensics
- Unix Insecurities